[Sca-cooks] Dayboards

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Oct 17 09:15:54 PDT 2001

> in serving both food weenies and the mroe adventurous (food weenies
dont
> have to be in armor...some otherwise enlighted folks are cautious about
> what they ingest :)).....
> one can serve both by making food that is adaptable.

When this was discussed on the local kingdom list, people mentioned that
a) they wouldn't travel far for food, b) they wanted food available when
they were able to eat it, which time varied all afternoon, and c) they did
not want sit-down food, but finger foods.

Meat, as I said, can be really expensive... 'hunks o' flesh' can eat up
75% of your budget or more in a flash.

> pickled stuff, olives, hard eggs, cheese, etc are all safe, familiar and
> fairly period (depending on what they are). Thing is, they tend to be
> relatively expensive.

Actually, I've found that cucumber and other pickles are quite inexpensive
as are hard boiled eggs. Cheese is still less expensive for the volume
than most cooked meat, and I've been able to get cheese at very reasonable
prices ($2/pound or less, at times when meat was $3/lb or more).

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa