[Sca-cooks] Marzipan creations, like onions...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:18:10 PDT 2001

>In a message dated 10/17/2001 6:09:02 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
>olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
>
>*massive snip*
> > Same with the shrimp.  I don't make each one.  I made a mold from a
> > frozen shrimp.  Brush the inside of the mold with some saunder and press
>in
> > plain ol marzipan.  Shape up with a tiny knife or fingernail and WA-LA!
> > Everyone's impressed.  Dead easy.
> >

>      What is the mold made out of?  What is saunder?  And where can I get
>some?
>      Thanks
>      Angustias

Although there has been much contoversy on this list about the stuff, I use
Sculpy for my molds and STILL have failed in killing anyone, not that I want
to.  Saunder is ground sandlewood.  You should be able to get it at a spice
store.  If not, I can send you some.  I do not have your address though.
Olwen