[Sca-cooks] Wierd powder scare

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 17 19:57:07 PDT 2001

I've had a flashback to the old Reader's Digest
column "Life in these United States" only now
it's "Life in these Post-Attack United States."
My brother-in law works for a very large (unnamed
company) that prints magazines. Turns out that they
use a certain amount of corn starch to make certain
pages go through the machinery better. And of course
some lady picks up Glamour off the newsstand and
the powder falls out and she screams the A*** word.
So now anyway his place of work is supposed to
refrain from their use of corn starch.
I keep thinking that the urban legend people must
be having a field day...
Johnna Holloway