[Sca-cooks] Wierd powder scare

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 18 03:22:52 PDT 2001

Diana Skaggs wrote:

> Sorry, I'm laughing as I type.  At Oklahoma State University yesterday all
> the snack machines were shut down.  Why?  A mysterious "white powder" was
> found in a storeroom.  The two workers who came in contact with the powder
> were quarantined until the powder could be analyzed, and were watched for
> side effects.  Well, it came out the powder started out a liquid that
> leaked onto a box of vending supplies.  When it dried, it turned into a
> harmless white powder.  Heck, we figured one of the vending guys ate a
> package of powdered-sugar donuts on the sly.

Yep. The other morning my son, inheriting his tact from my side of the family, no doubt, discovered 3 or 4 molecules of spilled talcum powder on the bathroom floor and eeked: "Anthrax!"

This is unfortunately one of those situations where, if people are
inclined to become hysterical, you can either diminish the hysteria by
living your ordinary life, or greatly enhance it in the same way.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com