[Sca-cooks] An entertaining trifle

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:29:52 PDT 2001

Just received my review copy of Alan Davidson & Helen Saberi's new offering,
Trifle. I was delighted at first glance to see that trifles date back to
pre-1600, but further reading shows this is more a matter of name than form

Interesting to read their thoughts on what the "missing link" in the move
from  fool-like trifles (now there's an opportunities for word play, if ever
I saw one ... but some of you folks deserve a Laurel for your abilities in
that quarter, so I'm not even going to try) to cake-y trifles is. And that's
as far as I've got so far.

Can't wait to see what else Prospect Books puts out in this little series.

Kylie/Rawlen