[Sca-cooks] Marzipan creations, like onions...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:06:54 PDT 2001

>For those who have worked with Marzipan before, I present a question:Is it
>easier and/or better to work with the almond paste or the homemade
>made-from-scratch? The recipe I have is the homemade stuff.
>
>Misha

Trust me Misha, opening a can of almond paste and mixing it with sugar and
rosewater is SOOOOOO much easier than blanching and grinding almonds and
THEN mixing with sugar and rosewater.  I do think the experience is worth it
though.

Since I use 60 to 80 pounds of marzipan (at least) a year I would be
grinding almonds in my spare time and my sleep if I did not use the cans.
Olwen