[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Why be picky was Tongue - blech

Dunbar, Debra debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com
Thu Oct 18 10:56:46 PDT 2001

I can't say my son (at age 4) eats much beyond mac-n-cheese and grilled
cheese sandwiches.  But - I mentioned to my Mom this week that I didn't like
organ meat  and she replied "what do you think is in the gravy at
Thanksgiving?"  Evidently, the neck meat, and diced up organs go into the
wonderful home-made gravy and I've been eating them my whole life.  Mom did
admit that lately she has been excluding the organ meat since some guests
don't like it - although she swears the neck meat is the best on the bird.

Guess I'm ok with organ meat if it is finely chopped and mixed in with other
stuff!
Wrynne