[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Why be picky was Tongue - blech

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 11:10:01 PDT 2001

I'm the lucky opposite.
Raised with the thought that if I see someone eating something, it has to be
edible. And if someone else likes it, there's a chance that it tastes good.
I was the weird child eating frog legs and shrimps when all the other kids
looked at them and said EEK!!
It was pushed to the point where I'd say "I'm not hungry" instead of "I
don't like it". I actually had to learn that I have the right not to like
something.
The only thing I had trouble with is spices. But once you start, slowly, to
eat a little more spicy, it's not long before you get used to it.
I get a kick out of going to restaurants and ordering the weirdest thing on
the menu. "Oohh... what's THAT?" (pops the thing into her mouth) As long as
it's not a hot pepper, I'm all right... :-)