[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Why be picky was Tongue - blech

Nelson Beth grdygirl at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 06:59:14 PDT 2001

I have to agree with you there.  I'm still
suffering/recovering from a non adventrous childhood.
I was 26 before I could get my mom into a chinese
resturant and at that she will only eat Lemon Chicken.
 Because I was raised with strictly salt and pepper as
spice I have a hard time eating anything spicy.  Alan
(my S.O.) took me to an Indian resturant the other
day.  I saw lamb with saffron rice and said "something
to try".  Even though I asked for mild it was still so
spicy that I didn't eat very much of it (even with the
sauce it came with).  I did fall in love with the tea
there though...just a regular tea bag but they put
cardamon and cloves the pot while it was steeping.

Even though I try to be less of a food wimp, I often
catch myself not wanting to try something just because
I haven't had it before or don't like the thought of
where it came from.

Orlaith