[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Why be picky was Tongue - blech

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 19 19:54:04 PDT 2001

But you never know what will happen with those children!

My dearest friend truly believes that no vegetable is edible. (If I thought
they had to taste the way they do when she deigns to cook them, I might
agree...) She only serves meat and potatoes. She would actively discourage
her son from eating vegetables cooked by his father, or by me. (Especially
mushrooms, which she seems to believe are poisonous, despite the fact that
her husband frequently cooks them when I am there, so we can both enjoy
them, and we seem to have survived this!)

Her 21 year old son is now a vegan.

I rest my case.

Anne