[Sca-cooks] Dayboards

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Thu Oct 18 13:11:15 PDT 2001

> It was never meant to be served as part of the dayboard, either - it was
> made to be served when it got cold and wet.  I made the soup Friday night so
> it was ready whenever we needed it.  It just so happens that it started
> raining around the time that the dayboard was served.  Hell, I'm not even
> the one who heated it up at that time of day - when I arrived at the hall,
> it was already done.  This was not meant to be behind anyone's back or do
> damage to anyone.  It was meant to keep people warm and comfortable during
> the course of a cold, wet weekend.

The first I saw the soup was Friday night, when I was told "I provided
this for dayboard tomorrow.  You'll find it in the refrigerator."  That
taken with the fact that the person telling me this had argued every
detail of the menu made for a clear implication.

> It never occurred to me to ask if the autocrat had told Magdalena about the
> soup or not.  For that I will apologize.  If I get asked to prepare to make
> soup in bad weather again, I will make sure that all event staff are aware
> of the plan.

If I'd been told that it was "in case things get cold and yucky," I
would have understood.  But, I wasn't.  As such, I can't fault you for
not asking.  I probably wouldn't have thought to ask in your situation.

-M