[Sca-cooks] Flying Haggis

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 18 21:03:27 PDT 2001

johnna holloway wrote:

> But what happens when the flying Haggis
> that's being passed around the world encounters
> all those in perpetual in motion fruitcakes
> that are being sent on from sender to sender
> to sender....I mean a haggis/fruitcake collision
> might be very strange for the postal systems of
> the world... Can't you see it?
>
> WHEN FOODS COLLIDE....

Unfortunately, I can see it all too well. And the truly frightening
thing is that there are English and Lowland Scot haggis recipes calling
for things like cream, egg yolks, and raisins or currants, which
actually do resemble a haggis/fruitcake collision.

But don't get me started on fruitcake, another of the world's most
unjustly maligned foods.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy