Favorite fruitcakes was [Sca-cooks] Flying Haggis

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Oct 19 05:57:14 PDT 2001

I have a recipe for an orange fruitcake from my grandmother that uses dates,
pecans and fresh orange peel, along with, oddly enough, pineapple preserves.  When
it's baked, you glaze it with a mixture of orange juice and confectioner's sugar,
while it's still warm.  I have modified Grandma's recipe to substitute a half cup
of light rum for half of the orange juice...mmmmmmm.....good!  And before anyone
calls me a recipe tease, I'll try to find my copy and send it off later.

Kiri