Favorite fruitcakes was [Sca-cooks] Flying Haggis

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 19 09:01:30 PDT 2001

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 18-Oct-101 Re: Favorite
fruitcakes was.. Anne-Marie Rousseau at gte. (1155*)

> since you asked about our favorite fruit cake....

I always liked the one from the play "The Belle of Amherst"--this is the
first recipe I ever made using weights instead of measurements.  It
comes out like a rummy, fruity, poundcake, and lasts (as far as I can
tell) literally forever..As given in the play, I got three loaf pan
sized bricks; one went for a performance, and my parents nibbled on the
other two for about a year.

toodles, margaret