[Sca-cooks] Dayboards

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Oct 19 06:11:07 PDT 2001

I think that your idea is a good one....especially for the "younger" cooks.  When you first start out, especially if you start talking about doing period food, you may get some who are doubtful about how acceptable your period dishes may be...especially if they contain elements that are known to be unpopular...like turnips, parsnips, beets, etc.  But once you establish that you know what you're talking about and that you only serve good food, people tend to take you at your word that the food will be good.  I had a very vivid example of this at a
feast I cooked sometime back.  One of the feasters came in and complimented me on the Lombardy Tarts I served.  She said, "I hate beets, but you said that this was a good dish.  And I know that if you say it's good, I must try it!"  Boy did that make me feel so great!!

Kiri