[Sca-cooks] Dayboards

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Oct 19 07:45:14 PDT 2001

>  I think that your idea is a good one....especially for the "younger"
>cooks.  When you first start out, especially if you start talking about
>doing period food, you may get some who are doubtful about how acceptable
>your period dishes may be...especially if they contain elements that are
>known to be unpopular...like turnips, parsnips, beets, etc.  But once you
>establish that you know what you're talking about and that you only serve
>good food, people tend to take you at your word that the food will be
>good.

One thing that I and other people have found helpful is to try out recipes
ahead of time and serve them to a wide cross-section of people in the
group.  Our Armored Turnip group includes two picky eaters (who tend to be
big-mouthed and willing to say to our faces when they don't like
something) chosen specifically to play 'Mikey' ("Mikey likes it?
Mikey hates everything!") Trying things out at potlucks is also another
option.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa