[Sca-cooks] Marzipan creations, & experiments

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Oct 19 11:10:00 PDT 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Nelson Beth wrote:

> I'm figuring that I'm going to make more than one cake
> (only one this shape though probably) so it doesn't
> need to feed everyone.  Morin said that she's
> expecting "no more than 80".  I'd like this to be a
> pretty standard cake size (yeah that helps Orlaith)
> about the size of the character cakes that Wilton
> makes so I can make the cake again for other parties
> without feeling like I'm trying to feed the world.
>
> Orlaith

What Sian said--make a sheet cake and trim it. And definitely use a crumb
coat. Even if you decide to cover the cake with marzipan or fondant, use a
crumb coat of apricot preserves first.

Wilton shaped pans almost exclusively use one box of cake mix. A few of
the larger ones use two, but not the character pans.

Margaret