[Sca-cooks] Tur-duc-kin

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:49:52 PDT 2001

>From: "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001
>15:53:05 +0000
> >Hi all.  I got my monthly online for Cajun Grocers and this time they
>are
> >offering a Tur-duc-kin for about a hundred bucks.  CajunGrocer's
>Cornbread
> >Tur-duc-ken is stuffed with cornbread and rice dressing. The chicken is
> >stuffed with cornbread dressing. The chicken is then stuffed into the
>duck,
> >and then we layer rice dressing around the top of the duck and inside
>the
> >turkey.  Go figure.  They *are* a period grocer (kinda sorta) 8^)
> >
> >Lady Olwen the Odd
>
>Ok, I have to ask. Just how does one debone said beasties without cutting
>the skin?
>
>Korrin S. DaArdain

Deboning a bird is fairly simple.  You start at the end that's already open
and with a small paring knife and your fingers just start seperating the
meat from the bone.  It can get a little tricky around the leg joint on
smaller birds.  Some folks slice through the meat to get those out but I
don't.  The wings are usually left boned, just cut off the smallest joint.
I do this quite a bit for different recipies I have.
Olwen