[Sca-cooks] Tur-duc-kin

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:52:42 PDT 2001

>From: "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001
>15:53:05 +0000
> >Hi all.  I got my monthly online for Cajun Grocers and this time they
>are
> >offering a Tur-duc-kin for about a hundred bucks.  CajunGrocer's
>Cornbread
> >Tur-duc-ken is stuffed with cornbread and rice dressing. The chicken is
> >stuffed with cornbread dressing. The chicken is then stuffed into the
>duck,
> >and then we layer rice dressing around the top of the duck and inside
>the
> >turkey.  Go figure.  They *are* a period grocer (kinda sorta) 8^)
> >
> >Lady Olwen the Odd
>
>Ok, I have to ask. Just how does one debone said beasties without cutting
>the skin?
>
>Korrin S. DaArdain

Oh, I forgot, some folks cut the bird open down the back side and debone
that way then just sew the thing back together.  Last Queens Tea (for 20
year) me and Alainne did a turkey like this.  Then we found out we had no
sewing needle so Alainne crochet the silly thing back together.  We had such
a laugh!
Olwen