[Sca-cooks] Birch beer? (Likely OOP)

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Sat Oct 20 17:28:54 PDT 2001

Wow, it must be a regional thing.  I'd never heard of someone who hadn't
heard of birch beer...  We used to make it at camp.  We'd take young
twige from birch trees, shave their bark off into a pot and boil them
for a while (don't remember how long.)  Add sugar to make syrup.  Dilute
with water or soda.  Couldn't tell you proportions, though, because a)
it was a long time ago, and b) we were all busy shaving twigs while the
councelors were doing the boiling part.

Or, you can buy it at the grocery store.  I'm partial to A-treet :)

-Magdalena