[Sca-cooks] Birch beer? (Likely OOP)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 21 23:43:06 PDT 2001

Muiredach mac Loloig asked:
> Just heard a reference made to birch beer.  Sounds highly interesting.  I
> really enjoy a good ginger beer, and a *real* root beer, not the A&W kinda
> commercial stuff....
>
> Any hints, idea or recipes for birch beer?

I'm not sure if this beverage was proved to be period or not, so I'm
not sure if it is in these files or not, but this is where I would
look in the Florilegium:
beverages-msg    (109K)  8/30/01    Beverages in general. alcholic drinks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/beverages-msg.html
beverages-NA-msg  (80K)  9/ 2/99    Non-alcoholic beverages.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/beverages-NA-msg.html

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net