[Sca-cooks] Re: Favorite fruitcakes

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Oct 22 08:05:20 PDT 2001

Nelson Beth wrote:

> okay...not to show my lack of knowledge or anything ;)
> but I thought that mincemeat was made from the nuts
> not actual meat...am I missing something here or just
> been told REALLY wrong?

Someone's been pulling your leg- real mincemeat is made with meat. The
stuff they call mincemeat that is nothing but raisins and figs and stuff
is an interesting filling, but it isn't mincemeat. The best mincemeat is
made with venison... and it has brandy...

Ooh... are the holidays nearly here already?

'Lainie