[Sca-cooks] Need feedback for planning butchering class at Pennsic.

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Oct 23 08:26:10 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I've contacted Dame Catriona, the class coordinator for Pennsic 31 (thank
you for the info) and it appears that there is interest on her end to have
"my" class happen.  I'm excited about this :-)

In order to prepare my plan, I'd like to hear from *you* what it is you
would be most interested in.  Feedback please :-)

I have in mind to do a butchering class.  The questions:

1) do you prefer to work on small animals (chicken, quails, rabits and the
likes), on fish, or do both?

2) do you prefer a demo only (can cover more stuff), a demo with some hands
on (pick different volunteers from the class to assist with different
animals), or a completely hands on (this might cause some logistical issues)

Other issues covered in the class would obviously be sanitation, knife
selection, maintenance and safety, etc.  This will be an "adult only" class.

Thanks

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka