[Sca-cooks] A pastry from a capon

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 23 14:44:53 PDT 2001

I would guess that the recipe ought to read
boil the capon in the wine etc.
Put the boiled capon in the crust and
moisten (slightly as needed then seal up.
Bake in the oven.
Some of the recipes of the 17th century
have you add moisture when you remove the
pie from the oven. It depends on when it
was to be served. You could over a space
of time do two or three versions where
you vary how to make it. Keep careful
notes and then write it up. Be sure to
let the list know how it went.