[Sca-cooks] Need feedback for planning butchering class atPennsic.

kattratt kattratt at home.com
Tue Oct 23 19:38:53 PDT 2001

If they are interested in the class for real then in the description
tell folks that want to be hands on to purchase the knives needed... and
tell those that can't afford it or just want to test the waters... that
knives are available on a limited basis first come first served so to
speak same with the carcasses. Either bring one of the ones the class is
doing, pay in advance for one to be provided, or just watch. Also for
the knives I would suggest bringing a sharpener with you if taking the
class, as well as possibly providing one.  Then make the participants
sign one of those safety waivers type of thing.  Personally I would
bring my own knife and I have no idea what kind I would need but I would
at least bring MY knife since I am most comfortable with it and safest
with it. Just a suggestion.
I bet that if you take a survey on this list most of us would have the
needed knives or would be willing to purchase one if interested in the
class.
Nichola