[Sca-cooks] Marzipan creations, like onions...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 07:12:51 PDT 2001

Give it a little meat from time to time.  They actually make some sort of
Iguana food but you can do it yourself.  Lots of kale, fruit, veggies,
grasshoppers, hamburger, you could give it a bit of dog food but not a
regualar diet of it.  I used to have 5 inguanas.  Had em for years.  Watch
out for bites as they carry salminilla.  He has to be kept warm so a light
source behind a sheild is important.  Lots of folks use hot rocks but the
creatures usually just lay on them and get burns.  If it gets any little
patches of stuff rub a little vasoline on it as those are usually little
mites and this will kill the things.  The more you handle it the better off
for both of you.  Mine loved to climb inside my sweaters and coats in the
winter to keep warm.  I would take them around with me one or two at a time
since in the end they were all over 5 feet (one was almost 7 feet) it was
pretty weird seeing this giant tail sticking out under my coat.
Olwen