[Sca-cooks] Serving and High Table

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Oct 24 08:40:06 PDT 2001

HRH Alys Katherine asked:
> Greetings.  I wonder if we could start a discussion about the
> "couth" way to serve High Table, especially with Royalty seated
> there.  What have folk done?

Hmmm. I wonder why she is raising this particular subject now? :-)

We have had a little bit of discussion on this previously, but
I don't think it covered all the questions that Alys brought up.

The previous discussion is in this file in the FEASTS section:
high-table-msg    (14K)  6/28/00    Setting up and serving the High
Table.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/high-table-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

PS: And for those thinking of following in HRH Alys' footsteps, here
are a couple of files that might prove illuminating or at least
something
to think about before taking that big step:
crown-cost-msg    (24K)  4/20/00    The monetary and other costs of
being a
                                       crown in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/crown-cost-msg.html
SCA-Coro-oths-msg (12K)  9/27/01    Coronation oaths sworn in various
SCA
                                       kingoms and how they are given.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/SCA-coro-oths-msg.html
SCA-royalty-msg   (29K)  4/ 3/01    SCA Royalty and what they should be.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/SCA-royalty-msg.html