[Sca-cooks] Armadillo Droppings (OOP)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:10:42 PDT 2001

>Baroness Ilaria answered me with:
> > stefan at texas.net writes:
> > >  If you can find out the name of the company that made these, that
>would
> > >  help.
> >
> > There is a picture of them on this website, but you can't read the
>company
> > name on the box:
>http://easycarts.net/ecarts/TShirtsNTexas/Texas_Foods.html
>
>Okay, most of the candy I see on this page is made by Lamme's, which is
>either an Austin company or has a number of outlets here.
>
>However, none of the candy described on this page fits Olwen's
>description of "They are dark pralines and made in Austin Texas".
>
>--
>THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

They are on the page.  I think the third or fourth down under candy.  I copy
and paste what it says;
'Armadillo Droppings
On a Ranch, not far from Bandera, Texas, Old Maria was mixing pralines in
the big black iron kettle on the old ranch stove when 2 armadillos knocked
over the trash can. The pralines had gone on cooking much longer than usual
and when the cowboys came in for dinner and saw all them little pralines
lined up in a row, Slim drawled "Whatcha got there, Maria? Armadillo
Droppings?"....and so a Texas tradition was born.'

Yesterday I posted the address I have on the box but sure enough, it looks
like Lammes carries them.  I would love to get hold of the Horny Toad candy.
  I used to catch and keep horn toads when I lived in the California desert.
Olwen