[Sca-cooks] Celtic origin...?

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 17:11:34 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/25/01 2:13:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

<< This is a topic of discussion on the Merry Rose.  I too was interested as I
 cann't figure out the connection between the french and the celts busides
 kissing cousins.
 Olwen

Very much OT Olwen, but the Celtoi were one of the first peoples to settle in
Gaul(France). The Brittany people still speak a dialect of gaelic, and the
Celtoi influenced that cooking a great deal, or so it's been surmised.

the Gauls that Ceasar fought were the ancestors of the modern French.