[Sca-cooks] "An Arab Mead" !!!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 26 08:30:48 PDT 2001

I could not agree more.  From his home page, it seems that the author is
a brewer of mead and wine, so to his eye everything with honey in it must
be mead.  Like the rest of the august sodality of this list, my read of
the recipe shows no evidence of fermentation.  Jalab surely, mead no.  I
believe his sentence should be to read the recipe until it makes sense,
and under no circumstances be permitted to watch the feature film "The
Thirteenth Warrior" ever again.  Mead indeed.

My only proofreading nitpick is that you left the R out of the last
appearance of the word "grape" in the last paragraph.

Yours in Service,
Selene in Caid