[Sca-cooks] 13th Century Icelandic Fish Skin Tanning Techniques

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 09:31:33 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/26/2001 12:34:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

> . I once had Someone
> Who Should Know Better tell me to my face that my work and teaching in
> Canon and Marriage Law was irrelevant and 'didn't count'. Same person
> told me that teaching costume by helping teenaged girls cut and sew
> their own garb in my living room 'didn't count'.

I wonder if it was the same "mouthy Laurel" (the Laurel in question referred
to herself that way, so I'm not insulting her) who once told me that
handsewing a new gown in the hall at an event, and explaining to people how I
did it and how I found out how to do it did not count as encouraging the Arts
and Sciences.  Apparently the ONLY WAY(tm) to do that is to enter and to run
Arts and Sciences competitions.  Kingdom level ones.  The local ones I had
been involved with counted for so little that I was told I had no right to
venture an opinion as to whether they were either useful or enjoyable.

Brangwayna Morgan