[Sca-cooks] re: Should I be frightened (now: Intro)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 28 08:14:11 PST 2001

Be afraid.  Be Very Afraid.

The Potter Formerly Known As Mercy wrote:

> I actually have a lot of other interestes (I'm not just a potter, contrary
> to popular belief): all things asian, brewing (JUST started doing this a few
> months ago), music (I play a few intruments), needlework (thanks to mom),
> sclputure, leatherwork (thanks to Selene), painting, illustration, writing,
> eating (my favorite!), inuendo and probably others.

Definitely innunedo!  I'm trying to encourage her to apply her
already-developed skills in sculpture and painting to edible media.  She could
do some really dynamite subtleties that way, or knowing her, not subtle at
all.  Blatanties?

> I'd like to research two things, actually...dim sum (i.e. I was told it was
> period, but would really like to confirm this with documentation) and what a
> period japanese feast would be (including all serving plates, cook wear and
> the like).
>
> Love watching Iron Chef...I keep changing my favorite one between Morimoto
> or Sakai.  Of course, Sakai CAN peel the skin off an apple in about 10
> seconds (just think how fast he could skin a fish...hmmm).

BTW, speaking of pottery and IC, I just found the 2000th Dish Battle which
showed Kaga's working at pottery,   You can have the tape when next we meet.
I'll have to stay carefully away from the oven if you are baking fruitcakes
though!

Selene, Caid
[Which I sign because there is at least one other Selene who posts occasionally
to this list, in Atenveldt I believe.  Two Selenes?  NOW you can really be
afraid!  <GGG>]