[Sca-cooks] foodie quiz

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Oct 29 07:28:11 PST 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Jennifer Thompson wrote:

> > 7. Foregone buying ice cream because the soup bones have
> > taken over your freezer?
>
> Who says the ice cream has to make it into the freezer?
>
> I think there should be a corollary to this; specifically for SCA use - ever
> filled your freezer, half the shire's freezers and a couple of relatives'
> freezer's with a feast component? Remember the split pea soup for Crown
> Tourney, Gwyneth?

*snort*

Or, is half your chest freezer taken up with random non-edible dead animal
bits, waiting for you to do something useful with them?

I have a raw hide from one deer, and a pair of antlers and the four lower
legs from another deer in bags in my freezer waiting to be dealt with. And
two goose wings. On several occasions, warnings about said animal parts
have caused otherwise sensible people to turn pale (or, in one case, pale
green).

Margaret