[Sca-cooks] OT: My Marathon

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Mon Oct 29 13:52:55 PST 2001

> True to my word, I had a fruit bar and a cup of coffee (Maxwell House,
> bleh!) before the Marine Corps Marathon this Sunday.
>
> I finished in 4:47:38 - about 40 mins more than my goal time due to a knee
> mishap around mile 20.
>
> I was zonked, but dh made me eat some meatloaf and mashed potatoes and a
> salad before I collapsed in bed at 6:30pm to sleep 12 1/2 hours and come in
> to work today.
>
> If anyone wants a copy of my "race report", please e-mail me since it is
> looooong and way OT.

Awesome - congratulations!  I was hoping to train for one last summer,
but injured my knee.  I'm hoping that the months of enforced "taking it
easy" during my pregnancy are enough to let my knee heal completely so I
can start training again in the spring.  I would love to see your race
report!

-Magdalena
who's quickly turning soft since starting to take it easy... :(