[Sca-cooks] A little diversion

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 29 17:12:35 PST 2001

>>>Are you a food geek?

>>>15. Fantasize about meeting Charles Ranhofer, James
>>>Beard, or Martino da
>>>Como?
>>>

> I make it a rule never to have "heroes". Like me, they invariably end up
> being way too human to worship.

Ah, you read my previous comments about James Beard annoying the
neighbors by showering in his back yard, eh? Of course this pales in
significance compared to all that Martha Stewart has done to _her_
neighbors.

I am curious about one thing. Most of us have answered the above
question with a blanket "yes". Really? Ranhofer? I'm a little surprised,
is all. Do we all have copies of "The Epicurean" on our bookshelves? I
love Ranhofer, and have spent many an hour in the old building that used
to house Delmonico's (212 Fifth Avenue), and used to work near the later
version of Delmonico's down on Wall Street, but didn't think Ranhofer
was quite as much an inspiration to modern cooks as the others. Boy, de
sings you learn...

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy