[Sca-cooks] Tool (Care) Time

Kihe Blackeagle kihe at ticnet.com
Mon Oct 29 23:15:07 PST 2001

Now, now, Finnebhir.  At LEAST the blades were protected by a wrapping
of some type.

I'm a merchant of blades, among many other things that I do in the SCA
context.  Barring the custom carrying case, a reasonable alternative is
such wrapping (although oiled leather NOT tanned by acids would be my
preference against the surface of the metal...).  This does presume
proper care and treatment before use on site, proper cleaning on site,
and prompt unpacking and touch-up of the blades after returning home.

Of course, some will call me heretic as well -- I don't use a steel.
(If the edge needs that much work, out comes an appropriate hone or
stone and the oil.)

Perhaps The Kitchen Idiot, but I Know About Blade Care!

Adieu, Amra / Pax ... Kihe / ttfn - Mike

Mike C. Baker DBA: Reverend Kihe Blackeagle (PULC)
(the Dreamsinger Bard:
"The Circle is closed, always and forever.
The Circle is open, always and forever.
And we are all forever a part of the Circle.")

In the SCA, al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra,
   currently resident in the Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own, unless explicitly stated
otherwise!

Alternate Contact Information: MikeCBaker at aol.com   KiheBard at aol.com
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661