[Sca-cooks] Meat preservation

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 30 07:42:06 PST 2001

Ted Eisenstein wrote:

> Ah, but to some of us who watch way too much sci-fi on TV, prune juice
> is a warrior's drink.
>
> (You know, I wonder about that. How much _did_ prune juice sales go up
> after Worf started drinking the stuff?)

Good heavens. I wasn't aware of this. Is the standard fierce Klingon expression due to constipation?

Seriously (well, partly in seriousness, or at least in truth if not in seriousness), I remember reading an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association which posited the theory that portraits of Martin Luther pretty consistently show a facial expression which has been identified by both doctors who study human facial anatomy and those who study digestion, as being indicative of severe constipation. As I recall the article wasn't so much claiming certain knowledge of this, but commenting on the possibility of how history might, or might not, have been changed if Ex-Lax had been available in Luther's lifetime.

I have no information on the religious affiliation of the authors, if any.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com