[Sca-cooks] macaroni and cheese

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 31 10:11:23 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
I make the dish using a recipe from my mom...it's not your standard stuff, but
it is awfully good.  I don't really know quantities of ingredients...they
usually vary according to how much I'm going to make.

Elbow Macaroni
salt to taste
sharp cheddar cheese
butter
eggs
milk
salt/pepper

Boil macaroni in salted water until barely tender...al dente or a little less.
I usually spray the pan, a Corning 2 qt. pan, with Pam.  Start with a layer of
macaroni, then slices of cheese, then dot with butter.  Continue this layering
until the pan is full.  Mix eggs (I use 2 with this pan), enough milk to make
mixture a little thinner than you would for scrambled eggs, and salt/pepper to
taste.  Pour over contents of pan to fill pan to a level with the layered
ingredients.  Bake for about 1 hour or until firm all the way through at 350
degrees.

If you have leftovers, they can be sliced cold then fried in butter for
breakfast!!!  Yes, I know...cholesterol city, but oh, so good!

Kiri

"Mark.S Harris" wrote:

Johnnae llyn Lewis commented:
> > > 3. Sneered at the lazy yuppie scum who buy premade polenta at the
> > > supermarket?
> Hey, who am I to sneer... my son and husband love Kraft Mac and Cheese
> in the blue boxes. I can make the real stuff but it's a father//son
> thing.
> They make and eat it themselves. It's called giving "mom" a break.

My wife likes the Kraft Mac and Cheese. I like neither the noodles
or the cheese sauce in it.

I know the cheese sauce is more than cheese, maybe milk and
cheese? Anyway, does anyone have a good, EASY, recipe for Macaroni
and Cheese using the standard elbow macaroni that I could give my
wife? Or make for myself, for that matter?

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous
  (And yes, it is probably in a beginner's cookbook somewhere)