[Sca-cooks] macaroni and cheese

James May robmay at home.com
Wed Oct 31 12:05:15 PST 2001

>My wife likes the Kraft Mac and Cheese. I like neither the noodles
>or the cheese sauce in it.
>
>I know the cheese sauce is more than cheese, maybe milk and
>cheese? Anyway, does anyone have a good, EASY, recipe for Macaroni
>and Cheese using the standard elbow macaroni that I could give my
>wife? Or make for myself, for that matter?
>
>Thanks,
>   Stefan li Rous
>   (And yes, it is probably in a beginner's cookbook somewhere)
Stefan,
         This is the Mac & Cheese that my wife loves.  It's real easy and
easy to add to if you like things like onions or garlic.

                 Baked Mac 'N' Cheese      from Meal-Master
         1 cn Cambell's condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup  10.75 oz
         1/2 can Milk  (use soup can)
         1 teaspoon prepared mustard
         1/8 teaspoon pepper
         2 cups Hot- cooked elbow or medium shell macaroni (1.5 cups dry)
         2 teaspoons Margarine or butter, melted
         1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs

1. In 1 quart casserole, combine soup, milk, mustard, and pepper. Stir in
macaroni.

2. In cup, combine margarine and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.

3. Bake at 400' F.  20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.

Makes 2 1/2 cups, 2 main dish or 4 side dish servings.

Jehan Yves