[Sca-cooks] herb stuff/ tiger balm reply

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 31 15:20:17 PST 2001

Tiger balm is known to bring on miscarridges if used in any way on pregnant
women. It has been quoted as causing a birth defect...eyes if I recall
correctly but as it has been 10 years since I did the research don't quote
me on that bit. In Singapore and Hong Kong there are warnings on the packet
but they got lost in translation into the UK. There was a big scare here a
couple of years ago.
Herbal doesn't automatically mean safe... I know NO preaching to cooks.
Other than that warning it is a wonderful remedy.
Vara