[Sca-cooks] A dinner with Finnebhir

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Sat Sep 1 22:50:43 PDT 2001

We were to have lunch Friday.  Things changed, and we ended up having
dinner.  Goodie for me, as lunch would have been out at a restaurant,
dinner was at Finn's place, cooked by her.

Scalloped potatoes and glazed carots accompanied a really nice piece of
beef.  Most excellent.  I'd brought a small Lalande de Pomerol to drink
with it.

But dessert was the troubling part :-)  Almond Japonais with some
Frangelico in it.  Between the two layers of Japonais was some raspberry
jam, and on top of it was some chocolate mousse with chambord in
it.  Garnished with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.

Too bad Finn can't wear the "A" T-Shirt! :-/

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net