[Sca-cooks] (no subject)

Renaissance Girls rennaisancegirls at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 20:33:23 PDT 2001

>Are you keeping the crust part of the recipe?  That's
>what makes it an "empanada".

Actually, yes.  We don't have the facilities for an
entire bird, so I was thinking to either do the 'roll
up' with the chicken breast, and then the coating, or
else I think I may be able to put the 'stuffing'
stuffed between the meat and the bone of chicken legs,
and then tie to keep together with string, and then
the coating.  I have to be very creative.  An entire
'feast' of finger foods is certainly a challenge!

>how about making some Cider Sauce, which is a period
>recipe and tastes good on bread?

Thank you for the recipe, that's a keeper!

>Also, how about a soup?  It's filling, and comforting
in cold weather.

I would LOVE to make a soup, but my instructions were
everything finger foods, nothing that would require
feast gear.  I'm pushing it with the stew, and
actually am going to bring it up at the meeting this
month.

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions.  How
does everything else look?  This is my first 'feast',
so I've still got a lot to learn!

=====
A proud member of the...
Shire of Glenn Linn