[Sca-cooks] Re: Bulgogi (was A Correction for the list)

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Sep 3 21:28:39 PDT 2001

Bear,

Any chance of a recipe before my keyboard shorts out from the drool :)
I have done Bulgogi a few times but cannot get an authentic taste with
the recipes I have.  Your description sounds great....

Cheers,

Drakey.

""> ""> ""> Bulgogi is thin sliced red meat marinaded for several
hours
""> ""> ""> in a mixture of
""> ""> ""> soy sauce, saki, sesame oil, sesame salt and red pepper
""> ""> ""> flakes, then stir
""> ""> ""> fried in a really hot skillet or wok.  It's served with a
""> sprinkle
""> ""> of
""> ""> ""> toasted sesame seeds.  I leave off the red pepper for
Margaret
""> and
""> ""> I
""> ""> ""> normally cook it in peanut oil or corn oil (depending on
""> ""> ""> whether I'm serving
""> ""> ""> a friend who has a deadly allergy to peanuts).
""> ""> ""> I favor the beef version although the pork is quite good.
""> ""> ""> am considering
""> ""> ""> trying it with lamb, just for something different.