[Sca-cooks] Summer's End

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Thu Sep 6 11:22:32 PDT 2001

>>Anyone going to be in Buffalo, NY for "Summers End" event this weekend?
I'm not sure if i'll be cooking or dancing... probably both.
>Filip

Greetings,

I'll be at Summer's End, as will Mistress Mathilde de Pyrenees, who is on
this list, and Mistress Michaele del Vaga (our laurel), who isn't on this
list. (I forward interesting bits to her).

I'll either be playing in the kitchen or watching my yummy lord fence. I
will also attend Curia the next morning.

...Can't help but add a small footnote to the single/not single discussion.
I divorced after 10 years of marriage, and although the split was very
amiable and not hurtful, I was positive that I should be alone for a year or
more while I got my head together and figured out how to have a better
relationship with another person... or to view it differently, I figured
that I *would* be alone because no one would want "damaged goods." I did not
expect anyone to want to date me, for any number of reasons.

I was "single" for all of five weeks after my then-husband and I agreed to
separate, to my complete surprise. A gentleman who I had valued as a good
friend and a smart, gentle man for several years had his then-current
relationship explode quite suddenly, and proceeded to reveal his feelings
for me to me. I've never been comfortable with the initial sequence of
events, but considering how much healthier and happier I am now from where I
was two years ago, I am very grateful and appreciative of the outcome. I
wholeheartedly agree that you never know when a wonderful, caring, mature
partner may quite literally drop into your lap. :)

Oh, and he's a friggin' fantastic cook, too! Makes the BEST homemade
chocolate ice cream, hands down!

Katja