[Sca-cooks] Crown roast question.

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Thu Sep 6 15:18:19 PDT 2001

	Greetings!  It's beginning to look like I
may end up at least partially engineering a 12th Night
feast, and I was thinking pork roast for the big meat
dish.  In particular, I was thinking of cooking up a
pork crown roast for the high table (though cost
considerations will probably keep it regular roast
pork for the masses).
	I was wondering if anyone knows how far back
the crown roast presentation/cut goes?  It's definitely
something that *could* have been used in Period, but,
as I've found with other things, that doesn't mean it
*was* used.
	Skimming through my cookbooks and the Florilegium,
I didn't spot any info (though I might have missed it), and
thought I'd toss the question into your capable hands.  All
you single people, in particular, should have some free time
for answering questions . . . :)
	Thanks in advance.

		-- Ruth