[Sca-cooks] period plants and seeds sources

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Sep 7 22:52:58 PDT 2001

Sieggy said:

>     Y'know, I have to wonder if there are any legacy/heritage vegetable
> clubs out there, in various ag stations and universities around the world. I
> know there are all sorts of rare and exotic fruit clubs in my area, and I'd
> think there would be enough academic interest for legacy seed stock to be
> available somewhere. Be interesting to grow a patch of red carrots for a
> feast.

I'm not sure about legacy vegetable clubs, but there are a number of
sources for heritage vegetable as well as fruit seeds. Check this
file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section for a number of merchants
and reviews:
seeds-msg         (60K) 12/27/00    Sources for period plants and seeds.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/seeds-msg.html
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net