[Sca-cooks] Re: Vanilla (was Single Cooks on the List)

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Mon Sep 10 07:08:00 PDT 2001

At 12:17 AM 9/10/01 -0500, Micaylah wrote:
>This is indeed interesting. I simply abhor the scent of vanilla on a
>person...funny tho', I love it in the kitchen. Since the whole "vanilla
>as a perfume" thing exploded a number of years back, it has been my
>experience that men either really love it or really hate it, with about
>a 50-50 percentage. Very few were ambivalent about it.

A friend of mine (male) swears that he gets a better response when trying
to pick up women if he wears a little vanilla... he theorises that it's a
nice, safe, domestic smell and women feel more relaxed about letting him
come close to them.  (He's long-haired, muscular and slightly scarey).

Then again, he's also a bit odd...
JdH
(and I'm also a single cook on the list...)

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) *** melisant at iafrica.com
Chronicler, Kingdom of Drachenwald
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.