[Sca-cooks] Raw vs. cooked foods,

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 10 13:07:35 PDT 2001

From: "Debra Hense" <DHense at ifmc.org> wrote:
>  There is a 2-page photo of a painting showing
>  raw fruits and cooked meat and breads being
>  served at a table in a Feast for the Eyes by
>  Gillian Riley.  It's dated 1601 and painted by
>  Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio.
>
>  While technically just outside period.  I doubt
>  food ways changed so drastically in two years.
>
>Kateryn

ONE year. A century begins in year One and ends with year One
Hundred. That is, the 16th century began on 1501 and finished with
the end of 1600. So the painting is only ONE year "out of period".

Just as the 21st century began THIS year, and the year 2000 was the
one hundredth year of the 20th century.

Anahita