[Sca-cooks] Gingerbread creations...

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:09:17 PDT 2001

Question to the list (actually two of them :-p)

When creating Gingerbread creations, what is the best recipe for "Royal
Icing" to use?  (I've got recipes that differ - one calling for Icing sugar
& Lemon juice; the other for Icing sugar; egg whites & Tartaric Acid) and
what is their expectent lifespan? (ie I start making the creation on date X
- must be eaten by this date before icing goes bad)

2nd question - anyone know of any good Online stockists for decorating
candies?? (zip all available in Brisbane - only silver sugar balls; pastel
sugar dots & mini m&m's)

:-)

mari