[Sca-cooks] giving blood

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Sep 11 14:47:34 PDT 2001

Misha said:
> olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
> > Anybody besides me going to give blood?
> >  Olwen
>
> I'm thinking about it but i'm not sure.

Misha, please consider doing so. It doesn't need to be done
today or even in the next few days. Currently I expect many
blood centers are overwhelmed by the response. The Austin ones
are reporting over one hour waits just to sign up. The need
will continue for awhile, because of the immediate need and
after that to rebuild depleted reserves. Also, since people
who give whole blood today won't be able to give again for
a while there may be another shortage in the future.

It really is not that painful and does a lot of good. I now
wish I had given blood during my freshman semester at
college. Once I was diagnosed as a diabetic and put on
injected insulin during the second semester, I've been
unable to give blood as they will not accept mine.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net